Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is looking to hire a Senior Analyst of Marketing Analytics. As the Senior Analyst of Marketing Analytics you will lead marketing and financial analyses to support revenue growth strategies, in-season execution, and financial budget planning for the Lift ticket business. In addition, the role will fully support strategic planning for the Lift ticket business.
This individual should have a proven track record as a high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence. This is a highly visible analytical role and relationship building will be a key component of success. The position requires the ability to analyze data and to provide strategic insights with actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner to cross-functional stakeholders. Strong presentation skills and an aptitude for condensing large amounts of data into a meaningful story are critical, and the role requires the individual to balance a service-driven approach to support with an honest and independent assessment of marketing effectiveness.
Why this role is special:
- Vail Resorts is at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- Leveraging analytics is a core pillar of Vail Resorts’ strategy moving forward – a critical driver of our success leading to a strong willingness to invest
- We are a data-driven business with a proprietary guest database unmatched by any other company in the industry – a great foundation for building out advanced analytics
- The opportunity to take our capabilities to the next level – driving key guest insights, supporting our analytical capability development, and having significant impact on the business
- Direct exposure to leaders of the business – a unique opportunity to team with our business leadership to reimagine analytics
- All the free skiing / riding you and your dependents can handle – free Epic passes, discounted lodging and retail
The mission of the Marketing Analytics team is to leverage Vail Resorts’ proprietary guest data to generate actionable insights that unlock value for the business. The team is at the center of insight-driven strategic decision making across the entire enterprise and is a key strategic partner of each key Line of Business (including Season Pass, Paid Lift Tickets, Ski School, etc).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- [Performance Analysis and Reporting] Manage the development of the Lift ticket sales forecast and support executive-level (C-suite) reporting related to sales performance with in-depth analysis of key performance drivers.
- [Guest Analytics] Development and management of guest analytics for in-season visitation and other guest acquisition initiatives. Formulate insights based on guest motivators, behavioral drivers, and marketing programs impacting guest decision making.
- [Presentation] Communicate conclusions, implications, and recommendations of analyses in a clear, concise fashion; advise and influence cross-functional stakeholders to drive more effective marketing strategies and decisions.
- [Prioritization] Prioritize projects with the marketing team to balance the support of broad initiatives with recurrent reporting and proactive analysis. Evaluate the potential impact of analysis and effectively manage timelines and expectations.
- Very strong quantitative and analytical skills with demonstrated success in analytical or financial roles – minimum 2-4 years previous experience in marketing analytics, financial analysis, consulting, direct marketing, investment banking or other similar field.
- Preferred: An Masters or MBA in Finance, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics, with a focus on quantitative analysis.
- Proven experience communicating actionable recommendations and insights based upon data-driven insights to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication, adjusting message to audience. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills are essential. Must be able to own and drive multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Demonstrated success working with large data sets; experience with analytic tools/software such as Tableau, Alteryx, and similar programs preferred; experience with data processing (SQL) also a plus.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213427