Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The bartender is responsible to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages for guests, and oversee bar operations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests, and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Open bar facilities. Stock and set up bar for service.
- Mix and serve drinks to customers.
- Maintain good customer relations; interact with customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ensure that all bar staff adhere to state liquor regulations.
- Determine when customers should not be served liquor.
- Handle or supervise the handling of disturbances created by disorderly and/or intoxicated patrons.
- Perform cashier duties: take payments, organize receipts and closing report .
- Work with F & B Manager to ensure bar maintains an appropriate inventory of liquor, food, and supplies - adjusting to varying levels of projected business. Prepare any related records/reports.
- Mop, vacuum, wipe down bar and tables, empty trash and recyle at end of shift.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry heavy objects.
- High School education plus a minimum of one year of relevant bar, night club and/or food service experience; or, a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent foundational knowledge and skills related to bar set up and drink preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of state liquor regulations.
- Good basic administrative and math skills; familiarity with liquor inventory control.
- Neat appearance and strong customer interaction skills.
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to deal effectively with all patrons.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s Permit and Tips & Sips certificate.
The budgeted range starts at 9.30-10.81 + Tips. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Requisition ID 319294