Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Cashier is an entry-level, front of house position. Responsible for providing friendly service to our guests while handling guest purchases, accepting payment and counting change. We are looking for individuals with a strong guest focus and upbeat attitude. Cashier’s need to have exceptional guest service as well as great attention to detail to help keep our front of house operations clean and stocked with product.
- Strong communication skills
- Directly responsible for stocking, organization and cleanliness of cash station, food server and the surrounding areas.
- Responsible for accurate daily check-outs, counting out and checking in cash drawers as well as day end paperwork
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, 6+ hours
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Previous Food and Beverage experience
- Previous cash-handling experience (Cashier positions only)
TIPS certification – Required within 30 days of employment. Cost & training for certification provided by Kirkwood Mountain Dining
California Food Handlers Card – Required within 30 days of employment.Cost & training for certification provided by Kirkwood Mountain Dining.
Where You Could Be Working:
Monte Wolfe's – Fast-casual dining
Snowshoe Thompson's – Fast-casual dining
Wall Bar – Up-scale, fast paced après
The Kirkwood Inn - Historic, scratch sit-down
Cornice Grill - Sit down fast-casual
Sunrise Grill – On mountain BBQ
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206170