Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. We are creating a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $9 billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Finance reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Finance and is based in the company’s Broomfield, Colorado headquarters. This team drives comprehensive financial planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis to drive business insight to support the Company’s strategic goals and communicate results both internally and to the Board of Directors and investors. This team works closely with senior management to develop the enterprise level view of financial results and performance to help drive strategic decision making, growth objectives and capital allocation.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead Financial Planning and Analysis Functions including:
- Operational Analysis
- Annual Operating and Capital Budget
- Monthly Financial Analysis and Forecasting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Long-term Strategic Planning
- Develop and manage internal and external financial communications, including key business presentations to the Executive Team, Board of Directors, Investors and Lenders.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement in financial analysis, reporting and planning with both process optimization and technology solutions
- Deliver insights on critical business decisions
- Actively contribute to capital allocation strategy analysis and decision making
- Develop scalable and repeatable processes with focus on continuous improvement
- Actively contribute to executive level discussions on strategy, initiatives and special projects, including acquisition integrations
- Coordinate closely with Investor Relations on valuation analysis and investor communications, including earnings releases and investor presentations.
- Lead enterprise-wide, cross-functional planning processes with strong project management and ability to drive insight.
- Effectively manage and build capabilities and culture for high performing professional team.
- Establish credibility as a leader who can both build strong relationships and challenge leaders across the organization on financial results and plans.
- Trusted partner: The Senior Director – Enterprise Finance possesses the technical expertise, communication skills and good judgement to provide the senior leadership team with an objective and independent point of view on corporate finance and broader business issues. S/he has a proven track record of working well as a member of a team of senior executives, an ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis, and good judgment about people and business issues.
- Leadership and management:
- The Senior Director – Enterprise Finance has a demonstrated track record of leading a team of finance professionals, managing, developing and motivating them. S/he leads by example and possesses a strong work ethic; is collegial and collaborative; embraces a passion-driven leadership model; has a high level of self-confidence balanced by authentic humility; possesses energy, drive and an ability to execute; is flexible, agile and resilient, and has the ability to adapt quickly in a rapid-paced executive level environment. S/he is someone who embraces personal leadership development, with an openness to stretch and pursue her/her leadership “range.”
- Passion for Vail Resorts’ strategy and product
- Additional personal characteristics:
- Unflappable executive presence and ability to remain “calm under fire”
- High intellect and ambition, with authentic humility
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity
- Excellent listener and open to feedback
- Secure in own skin and in leadership approach
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Focus on people development
- Sense of humor
- Collaborative team player
The right candidate will demonstrate/have:
- Strong learning agility - Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
Skills and qualifications:
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in financial planning and analysis, investment banking or private equity with demonstrated success in financial modeling, analysis and budgeting.
- Experience leading all financial planning and analysis functions including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience working with CFOs, senior executives and Board of Directors.
- Experience leading highly effective teams.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture".
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211748