Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Park City Adventure Park Maintenance Technician Team Lead, Full Time, Year Round
As the Adventure Park Maintenance Technician Team Lead your role is to supervise and perform all maintenance and repair procedures on activities related equipment such as the Alpine Coaster, Zip Lines, Alpine Slide and other amazing summer activities. The Alpine Coaster is an elevated roller coaster track where our guests race down the mountain reaching speeds up to 25mph. The Alpine Slide is an over 3,000 feet long thrill ride down the mountain filled with dips and banked turns. Our other activities include family friendly experiences such as the Bungee Trampolines, Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, ZipRider Zipline, Flying Eagle Zipline, Gem Panning and Kid’s Ropes Course. This dynamic individual will need to be highly self-motivated and will work closely with the Adventure Park Management team to provide timely maintenance service with an emphasis on: safety, guest service, and efficient operation of all Adventure Park Activities.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the maintenance programs for Activities and Attractions for the Adventure Park.
- Oversee seasonal and year round maintenance crew. Assign daily tasks and workloads. Maintain weekly schedule to insure appropriate coverage.
- Teach, mentor, and coach maintenance staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all required Manufacturer, State, and Federal regulations are met.
- Develop strong professional relationships with appropriate departments (Lift Maintenance, Building Maintenance, etc) and work with Inspectors and Agents during inspections.
- Document and perform required inspections as mandated by Manufacturers, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Record all information of work performed (both scheduled/unscheduled) and submitting records in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scheduling annual Inspections. Maintaining and providing all required information during said inspections.
- Correspond with Manufacturers and be the contact person for reviewing and implementing updates and notices.
- Responsible for daily upkeep and maintenance of associated facilities including snow removal.
- Assist in construction of new activities.
- Work with Activities Admin. and Activities Management to ensure timely ordering of parts and equipment
- Assist with staff training.
- Assist with transport of guests and employees when necessary.
- Assist with Attractions when needed, having passed the Operations Training and be able to engage Guests exhibiting Vail Resorts Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License & Satisfactory Driving Record (in accordance with VR Drivers Policy)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to do physical work, stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive motions
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to work at heights up to and in excess of 100’ above the ground in a physically demanding environment
- Able to work in restricted spaces
- Mechanical background and aptitude
- Basic computer skills such as (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn SmartSheet, PeopleSoft, and SuccessFactors
- Able to communicate clearly with Guests and other Employees and are fluent in spoken and written English
- Zip Line, Mountain Coaster, and other operational experience relevant to outdoor adventure activities.
- Experience with technical/mechanical aspects of Zip Lines, Coasters, and other outdoor adventure activities.
- Experience working with, or ability to learn, a wide variety of equipment such as skid steer, forklift, snow blower, snowmobile, truck (street and mountain), UTV, etc.
- Leadership skills: able to lead and provide direction to the maintenance crew
- Teamwork: able to work effectively with Activities Management and other departments to plan, schedule, and complete maintenance tasks on time (lift maintenance, lift operations, base operations
- Experience working at height with rope access, work positioning, and fall arrest systems
- Knowledge of NDT techniques and rigging, or ability to learn.
- Industry certifications or willingness to achieve them (NAARSO, AIMS, ACCT, SPRAT)
- Able to stay Out Front of industry standards and share with Management any changes or concerns in a timely manner
- Continuous trouble shooting and adaptability
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail in the work area
- Able to use a variety of tools ranging from basic to technically advanced hand tools and specialty items
- Proven ability to teach, mentor, and coach new maintenance staff effectively
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317789