Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, CO
We are currently in search of a Manager of Resort Application Development to lead our project Business and Quality Analysts. Our team is responsible for the development of a suite of custom desktop applications, mobile applications, web services, modern web apps, and internal APIs that provide ski resort management and point-of-sale functionality. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team of analysts instrumental in delivering strategic projects within Vail Resort.
This manager is excited by new challenges and a rapid pace, driven to always move forward, curious, open and honest, excellent at managing risk, organized, and diligent in prioritizing work. Superior leadership qualities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and agile SDLC delivery aptitude are a requirement for this important technology leadership role. This position works closely with other application and development managers in a highly collaborative environment and reports to the Director of Resort Application Development.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to the Resort Application Development team of project Business and Quality Analysts; Empower the team to drive the day-to-day delivery and execute their designated application roadmaps
- Work to improve the BA/QA discipline and agile framework within Vail Resorts’ technology ecosystem. Coach the team on topics of how to apply industry best practices to improve the teams overall work product.
- Work closely with Analysts to ensure proper requirements are identified, effective user stories are created, and work is planned in a logical and efficient manner to deliver solutions that support changing business requirements.
- Work closely with Project Delivery teams to ensure there is proper testing planning, test case creation, and test case execution.
- Identify professional development opportunities for all direct reports. Create goals, deliver performance reviews, hold regular 1:1 sessions with direct reports, and provide candid feedback as needed.
- Develop and maintain a high performing, motivated, and engaged team.
- Participate in software assessments and provide support and guidance to analysts participating in as assessment efforts.
- Build strong relationships with business partners, IT partners, and stakeholders to ensure alignment and proper prioritization.
- Ensure all compliance requirements (SOX/PCI) are adhered to and met.
- Manage resource allocation of analysts across strategic projects
- Manage contracts, PO’s, invoices, and timekeeping for all team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or related field
- 3+ years working in agile custom software delivery in a BA/QA capacity
- Strong leadership background to effectively manage, mentor, and grow direct reports with a history of increasing responsibility and career growth.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and function as a self-starter requiring little direction; We are looking for someone who shows the potential to do more and is a natural leader
- Ability to communicate with various levels (including Director and VP) within IT and the Business
- Excellent customer service skills with a demonstrated customer-focused, service-first attitude.
- Ability to manage/oversee internal and contract resources
- Strong technical aptitude including knowledge of POS type systems
- Experience with ticket tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience with test case management software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across multiple locations
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209447