Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Race Coach will work with all levels of youth racers from skiers who are just beginning to race to highly accomplished racer. This person will help our young athletes become the best racers they can be while working on skis/snowboard.
- Lead groups of athletes through passion and drive for coaching ski racing; this may include traveling to races throughout the state of Michigan during the ski season.
- Promote and embrace Vail Resorts’ Mission and Values; provide a safe work environment; implement Vail Resorts’ mountain service essentials, strategies, policies and procedures.
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately coach racers of varying skill levels, both verbally and by demonstration.
- Coach with a focus on the education of the athletes with regards to skiing and racing techniques to improve the athlete’s overall understanding of the sport
- Establish respect from racers and parents/guardians, by being professional and promoting XLR8 values of good sportsmanship, integrity, honesty and work equals reward.
- Ensure that athletes are matched to appropriate skill level group and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Provide the highest level of race instruction using current and cutting-edge USSA /XLR8 techniques.
- Engage with racers and their parents/guardians using high energy to build and maintain the reputation of Mt. Brighton’s XLR8 Ski Racing.
- Communicate instructions helping racers to improve performance, with follow up communication to all parents/guardians in a timely manner.
- Work with supervisors to design short and long term racer training and development plans.
- Accurately keep records of all time, expenses and reimbursements, with timely submission of expense reporting.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of XLR8 Ski Race Team including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, preparing training plans and coach schedules, upkeep of outdoor racing areas, setting and removing race gates, timing races, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend all XLR8 Ski Racing Coaches training sessions
- Assist guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assist guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Coaching and or Ski Racing experience
- Must have valid Driver’s License – Required
- Must be over 18 years of age; High School or Equivalent Education – Required
- Must be available to travel with limited supervision
- Must have excellent communication and guest service skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather environment – Required
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends – Required
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking. Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172291 ELJ