Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Bootfitters are responsible for fitting customers into the correct equipment to fit their needs.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for assisting guests with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment and custom footbeds.
- Describes and promotes products in line with customers' expressed needs
- Places guests in properly fitting equipment for demo or purchase
- Conducts inventory of demo equipment
- Performs in-depth boot analysis and work
- Demonstrates high level of product knowledge
- Prior experience, skills and training are required to perform successfully at this level
- May train new and existing associate positions
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Ensure pricing is accurate and current including any and all promotions
- Stays up to date on current trends and products
- Bootfitting experience – required (I.E. Boot punches, custom molding boot liners and shells, creating custom insoles)
- Knowledge of shop work - ability to mount binding to ski, ASTM test, perform an edge and wax on skis.
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience - required
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the register
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Previous snow sport industry experience - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the ski and snowboard industry
- English - required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends – required
Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 264151