We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
- Responsible for the safety, training, and management of snowmakers, winter snowmaking operations and summer snowmaking maintenance and construction at all levels.
- Will oversee the proper installation and maintenance of snowmaking equipment.
- Problem solve various issues to ensure an efficient and safe operation year-round.
- Must be proactive and look for improvements in all aspects of the operation on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all mandated policies, programs in addition to managing operating and capital budgets.
- Provide excellent and effective communication to departments across the mountain and resort, treating other departments as your ‘internal guests’.
- As a leader in the company this person will embrace and help develop the “One Keystone” culture.
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience - required
- Previous snowmaking or mountain operations experience- required
- Previous heavy equipment and/or cat operating experience -preferred
- Previous electrical and mechanical (pumps, motors, compressors) experience – highly preferred
- Minimum three years in managing staff in some capacity – required
- Must have a valid driver’s license- required
- Competent snowmobile operator- preferred
- Must have general computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English – required
- Previous experience budgeting at departmental level – preferred
- Advanced skier/snowboarder – required
- Able to withstand inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Able to work and supervise day, grave shifts, depending upon need.
- Frequently be able to lift 75 pounds and carry it 100 yards.
- Must be able to stand, walk and ski in boots for long portions of your shift.
The budgeted range starts at $56,000-$63,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 318187