The Little Nell Hotel Group is a privately held hotel investment and management platform owned by Aspen Skiing Company (“ASC”). Its portfolio of owned and operated hotels and residences currently consists of The Little Nell, Aspen’s only Five-Star, Five-Diamond, ski-in/ski-out hotel, and its affiliated Residences at The Little Nell, both located at the base of Aspen Mountain; and the upscale Limelight Hotel Aspen and Limelight Hotel Snowmass in Colorado, as well as the Limelight Hotel Ketchum near Sun Valley in Idaho. The Company also owns and operates two mountain clubs: The Aspen Mountain Club and The Snowmass Mountain Club. The Little Nell Hotel Group is executing an aggressive growth plan, with ongoing projects on both ski and non-ski destination, for both The Little Nell and Limelight brands. Its affiliated companies are Aspen Skiing Company, Henry Crown and Company and Ojai Valley Inn.
- Work closely and liaise directly with TLNHG’s Managing Director and its Board to position The Little Nell Hotel Group as a successful hotel company.
- Deliver operational excellence across all aspects of the business – both hotel brands and mountain club operations.
- Accountable for meeting expectations from guests, staff, media and investors.
- Ensuring there is a balance between financial performances and maintaining exceptional standards.
- Plan, direct and assist the Managing Director to control the business, ensuring all relevant areas meet all operational, financial and strategic objectives and standards of quality and efficiency.
- Identify, devise, formulate, communicate, validate and implement policies and procedures for the organization that will continually improve the overall performance of the teams and the business.
- Lead, motivate, support and develop a strong management team who in turn become a team instilled with a great sense of pride and purpose.
- Take ownership of the business, drive from the front in an exemplary fashion.
- Achieve budgeted financial and strategic objectives.
- Ensure operational excellence through implementation of processes and technologies.
- Meet the targets contained in the business plan.
- Manage on-going performance of the business.
- Create, develop and implement policies and procedures for the organization that will continually improve the overall operation and ability to deliver outstanding standards.
- Represent the business as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, the local community and similar groups.
- Provide guidance and support to the properties’ general managers and other team members, with strong attention to detail and focus on delivering outstanding guest experience.
- Fifteen years or more in the hospitality industry. A proven multi-unit manager with five or more years in that role.
- 5-Diamond resort experience. Experience with luxury lodging brands.
- Pre-opening and grand opening experience.
- Strong experience in resort, F&B, front of the house, back of the house, and sales/marketing.
- Experience with condo hotels, fractional products, club operations, and membership development is a plus.
- Operational Management - Continually stays focused on business operations in order to maximize ongoing performance.
- Leadership Motivation - Consistently leads and accomplishes things primarily through others.
- Strategic Influence - Influences others inside and outside the organization in a planned, well informed way.
- Stakeholder Relationship Building - Champions the interests of all stakeholders in a balanced manner - employees, shareholders, customers and the community.
- Listening and Understanding - Listens to others and understands their motivations, strengths, and concerns.
- Community Leadership - Effectively represents the organization to the public and develops relationships in the community.
- Team Leadership - Gets direct reports to work together effectively toward common goals.
- Developing Others - Actively develops employees toward independent responsibility and decision making.
- Strategic Staffing - Selects and positions key people in the organization who are superior performers.
- Achievement Orientation - Constantly raises the bar and presses the organization towards a higher level of achievement.
- Efficiency Orientation - Gets the most out of limited resources while achieving quality results.
- Mature Confidence - Approaches others assertively, responsibly and supportively.
- Integrity - Demonstrates honesty and strong values through consistent action.
- Media Savvy – Understands and effectively utilizes relations with the press.