Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
- Provide superior service and extraordinary experiences to our guests and employees at all times. Adhere to and uphold Grand Summit Rock Resort Standards on a daily basis for self and all direct reports.
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, monitor, and evaluate all daily operations of assigned front desk functions including front desk, guest check-in and out, Bell/Valet, PBX, Concierge, Ski Valet, reservations and group room coordination.
- Exercise full supervisory authority, directly, and indirectly, over front desk employees. Plan and conduct staff training programs. Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities, assign and review work, resolve problems, etc. Plan staffing needs and work schedules. Prepare time sheets and payroll records.
- Evaluate and monitor procedural processes on a daily basis to ensure best practices within operations at all times.
- Facilitate effective and regular communication with other departments or company personnel (housekeeping, reservations, maintenance, accounting, etc.) to plan, coordinate, and evaluate activities, services, and events, policies, procedures, exchange information, resolve problems and ensure Brand Standards are being followed.
- Prepare and analyze various administrative and operations reports as related to Lodging Front Office departments. Prepare and process purchase orders for supplies, uniforms, equipment, and any necessary items for day to day operations.
- Work with Front Office management team to resolve and recover any guest opportunities within the Lodging Division. Provide follow up for all guest complaints and act as a representative of Grand Summit to ensure extraordinary guest experiences.
- Ensure that proper safety, and security procedures are followed by all staff.
- Provide direction, motivation, and inspiration to Lodging Front Office members and ensures proper development and progress is made for employees seeking long term employment with Vail. Provide guidance to the team to promote empowerment, growth, and retention.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to type for extended periods of time and complete work at a computer station.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Associates degree or higher in a related field; or two years related experience and/or training or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Ability to revise procedural processes and think creatively to improve operations regularly
- Ability to write and interpret routine reports and provide critical feedback as required
- Ability to maintain composure and focus within a fast paced, constantly changing work environment
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office System to create advanced reporting and analytical methods
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 248909