Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The host/hostess is responsible for warmly greeting and welcoming all members and guests, and using their names as an elevated level of service. Hosts work both lunch and dinner at Game Creek. Game Creek Restaurant is open exclusively for Game Creek Club Members at lunch and the host will work with the Game Creek Club staff to accommodate member dining preferences. Dinner is open to the public, and hosts will manage guest arrival from the base of the gondola to the snow cat to the restaurant, and back onto a snowcat at the end of the guests’ meals.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Will work within OpenTable computer reservations management system to check in members/guests, make reservations, and manage table assignments.
- Assists managers in controlling the flow of members/guests and seats guests within manager's guidelines, as promptly as possible.
- Must answer phones, check and relay messages to managers, maintain tidiness of restrooms and lounge areas, and assist bussers and servers in the dining room as best as able.
- Must be able to recognize members by name and make them feel welcome.
- Understanding the dynamics of lunch and dinner operations is essential for the host.
- Previous restaurant experience or customer service experience – preferred.
- Prior experience working with OpenTable – preferred.
- Previous work experience in a private club – preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required.
- Proven ability to work well with others and guests - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be available to work lunch and dinner shifts - required.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
Game Creek Restaurant: http://www.gamecreekvail.com
Vail Mountain Dining: http://www.vail.com/mountain/on-mountain-dining.aspx?page=viewall
Grooming Poilicy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 218848