Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
As an integral part of the Mountain Operations team, the Snowmaking Manager will provide direction, leadership and expertise to the Crested Butte Snowmaking department.
- Responsible for the safety, training, and management of snowmakers, winter snowmaking operations and summer snowmaking maintenance and construction at all levels.
- Will oversee the proper installation and maintenance of snowmaking equipment.
- Problem solve various issues to ensure an efficient and safe operation year-round.
- Must be proactive and look for improvements in all aspects of the operation on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all mandated policies, programs in addition to managing operating and capital budgets.
- As a leader in the company, this person will embrace and help develop the Created Butte safety culture.
- Responsible for the identification and development of talent and leadership on the snowmaking team.
- Responsible for the engagement, moral and welfare of the snowmaking team.
- Provide excellent and effective communication to departments across the mountain and resort, treating other departments as your ‘internal guests’.
- High school education or equivalent, some college preferred
Previous snowmaking or mountain operations experience
Previous heavy equipment and/or cat operating experience
Minimum three years supervisory experience
Must have a valid driver’s license
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, VRI Software programs, and snowmaking run systems preferred.
Strong English communication skills including verbal & written
- Previous electrical and mechanical (pumps, motors, compressors) experience – highly preferred
- Previous snowmaking installation experience
- Competent snowmobile operator
- Previous experience budgeting at departmental level
- Positive, solutions oriented leadership
The budgeted range starts at $56,000-67,400 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 284568