We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Responsible for the creation, administration and quality of the training program for all Keystone Ski & Ride School management and instructor staff. Works with other Resort Departments to implement training and quality controls for employee ski/snowboard safety. Also, coordinates overall efforts for recruiting and hiring staff, particularly instructors. Reports directly to the Director of Skier Services and has a dotted line of responsibility to the Ski and Ride School General Managers.
- Coordinate and administer staff training/education in all disciplines and age groups to assure positive internal and external guest experience. Showcase innovative techniques, service levels and methodology, and incorporate risk awareness and safety at all levels of training.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of training content and methods from a guest and employee perspective.
- Work with the Ski & Ride School Director and General Managers to guide and facilitate the direction, culture and overall on-snow quality of the Ski & Ride School.
- Maintain contacts with external presenter/trainers and develop/search for new presenters to deliver trainings. Book dates, negotiate fees, arrange venues, handle logistics, A/V, etc.
- Lead the Ski & Ride Trainers. Foster a positive and inclusive training culture within the school
- Work with Vail Resorts Training Best Practice group to drive the direction, culture and quality of training across the enterprise.
- Support and lead daily operations as needed
- Manage Ski & Ride School Training Budget
- Serve as resort liaison to PSIA/AASI and USSA/USASA.
- Oversight all written training materials/tools, i.e. teaching handbooks, online trainings, hiring materials, etc.
- High school education
- Must have 5 years as a ski/snowboard instructor and/or trainer
- PSIA/AASI advanced educator/examiner
- Proficient with computerized systems such as Microsoft Office tools
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in English
- Exceptional communication skill (written and verbal)
- Good listening skills and good judge of character
The budgeted range starts at $50,000 - 60,900 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 434711