Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preps and works quickly and cleanly and is responsible for an assigned station in kitchen.
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen as required.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel.
- Cook and prepare food to order on a daily basis to the standard and quality expected.
- Follows directions/specifications of the chef and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper culinary techniques.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Work multiple stations; work off a prep list and complete station set up in time allotted.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills.
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and Serve Safe Training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of quality cook experience - Required
- Culinary degree/certification – Preferred
- Must be serve safe certified or willing to become certified upon being hired
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet - required
- Must provide Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
The budgeted range starts at 12.32 - 14.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301649