Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Dates of Employment: November 2020 - April 2021
Duties: A staff trainer for the Northstar ski and snowboard school, primary duties are focused on PSIA/AASI certification preparation and mentoring staff for overall professional developments. A trainer’s role is focused on but not limited to, training other ski & snowboard instructor’s modern techniques and principles for guests of all levels. Focus on advanced skiers/riders and training/teaching contemporary skiing and riding methodologies.
Training programs consist of training staff for PSIA/AASI certifications & accreditations, in-house programs focusing on customer service, safety awareness and the overall guest experience. Teach a variety of alpine or snowboard lessons during peak business levels. Understand, abide by and promote rules and procedures set forth in Resource and Guidelines manual, including lift-loading and safety protocols.
Requirements: Must have current Level III certification w/ Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA), American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI), International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA), or equivalent organization. Previous experience with staff training including but not limited to new hire instructor training, PSIA/AASI certification clinics, training focused on regional/local business needs and general professional development. Must be able to work in a full time/winter seasonal status.
Full Time positions for experienced staff trainer’s PSIA/AASI level 3 & above certified instructors, available for the winter 2020 -2021 Season!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing and or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 and above certification
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous training experience for ski or snowboard instructors.
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups
?Ski School Testimonials Video: https://vimeo.com/138332142
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 238008