Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Director of Skier Services is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Stowe Mountain Resort for Ski and Snowboard School and Child Care, Product Sales and Services, Competition Services, Cross Country Center, and additional responsibilities that add to the guest experience. Specific focuses include: leadership management and development of teams; budget responsibilities including revenue & expense oversight & forecasting; capital project coordination; communication and interaction with guests and safety performance. As a member of the resort’s senior leadership team, the position assists in the development, communication and implementation of resort goals & initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School and Skier Services department’s products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests and employees. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop Ski and Snowboard and Skier Services leaders.
- Help create and implement training plans and monitor the quality of training.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including but not limited to- MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI).
- Work with other Resort Ski School/Skier Services Directors on best practice efforts including program offerings, safety initiatives, instructor training, etc.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities - both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- Act as a Stowe Mountain Resort/Vail Resorts representative with the local community as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as a full-time ski/snowboard instructor
- At least 5 years of experience as a Ski School or Product Sales and Services General Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- College degree in related field
- Current PSIA/AASI level 3 certification
- Previous experience as a Ski School Director or Senior Manager/Director of Product Sales and Services
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, RPOS,& IDMS
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294867