Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Certified Ski Instructor
Full and Part Time positions for PSIA/AASI certified instructors are available for the Winter Season! Positions are available in both Children’s and Adult’s Ski and Snowboard School. The Instructor will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado and California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups
?Ski School Testimonials Video: https://vimeo.com/138332142
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 327772