Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Front Desk Supervisor
The Front Desk Supervisor provides guidance and leadership to the Front Desk Agents (FDA) ensuring consistent quality customer service is delivered. The Front Desk Supervisor will resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. They will make decisions and take action based on good judgment and brand standards. This position will assign and instruct FDAs in details of work, observe performance and encourage adherence to brand standards/standard operating procedures. Position will act as Manager-on-duty in absence of the Manager and will oversee Bellperson, Front Desk and Concierge operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the registering of guests, issuing of room keys, providing information, and processing payments for stay and all guest room move requests according to standards.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner with a pleasant, energetic voice.
- Up-sell rooms when possible.
- Follow and monitor proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual.
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes according to standard operating procedures.
- Anticipate guests' needs.
- Conduct site tours of hotel guest rooms and general areas when needed.
- Handle confidential information and guest information with a high degree of integrity.
- Oversee bell/valet, concierge, FDAs and total guest satisfaction.
- Interview, select, train and manage up to 10 employees.
- Previous hotel experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Must have a valid US Drivers License and satisfactory driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and understand English
Employee Housing Available
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 238190