Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
This position is a highly skilled person with experience in operating and maintaining all types of equipment in their areas of responsibility. Primary responsibility is to insure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts with emphasis on proficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be proficient with a variety of tools both hand and electric, high knowledge of hydraulics.
- Responsible for following the company’s safety and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing all routine and assigned maintenance procedures under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager and senior mechanics.
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to lift dispatch in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assuring that the Maintenance Director/ Manager, and dispatch is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, observations or system malfunctions.
- Assist in ongoing training of maintenance/operational personnel.
- Assist managers in scheduling of personnel.
- Must be responsible for the complete maintenance of a group of lifts.
- Must review all squawks generated relating to the tramways for which you are responsible for. This includes a visual inspection after work is complete.
- Ensuring all lifts under your supervision are in compliance with ANSI, Utah Tramway, and Vail Resorts policies and regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the personnel reporting to you are in compliance with all Vail Associates, Inc. regulations and policies
- To be the working Team lead mechanic and manage the mechanics over a group of no more than 7 aerial tramways and other surface lifts as assigned.
- Assist in the tracking of the maintenance budget for your group of lifts.
- Must maintain reasonable levels of spare parts to ensure full repair capability.
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to lift records in a timely manner.
- Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner.
- Keep an up to date failure analysis.
Must meet the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years Lift Maintenance experience
- 3 years proven competency in general mechanics
- Previous leadership role experience
- Valid drivers license
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Fluent in all aspects of the English language
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently at heights
- Intermediate or better ski or snowboarding ability.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317369