Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
The primary role of this position is to provide an extraordinary vacation experience for our Owners and Guests by maintaining our Legends, First Tracks, and Evolution properties to a five star standard and by providing extraordinary guest service. This position has a focus on assisting with the nightly shutdown of our pool areas, including chemical testing and balancing. Applicants are advised that this position involves over night shifts, much of which will be spent alone.
- Embrace Lodging Ovation’s Leadership Best Practices and Mission to ensure an extraordinary vacation experience for Owners and Guests.
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety procedures and policies. Notify supervisor or management of all unsafe conditions and practices.
- Respond to guest concerns and service requests
- Respond to all emergencies particularly noise complaints and pool poachers
- Ensuring the safety of our guests and owners by performing routine nighttime building walk-throughs and common area lock/unlock patrols.
- Maintaining guest units to a five star standard.
- Wood furniture re-finishing, staining, drywall repair and painting.
- Performing daily pool and hot tub chemical testing, balancing, cleaning and repair
- Diagnosing and repairing appliances and electronic equipment, including kitchen appliances, control boards, and similar equipment.
- HVAC systems operation and maintenance with a focus on recognizing problems and defects early to avoid downtime in our 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Electrical equipment diagnosis and repair on 120, 208, and 347 volt systems.
- Organizing, and executing various projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assisting other departments as needs and business levels dictate.
- Keeping all work areas clean and organized. Reporting all missing tools and required supplies to a supervisor or ordering directly when authorized.
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed, outstanding tasks, and noted deficiencies
Qualifications & Experience:
- A high level of integrity is mandatory.
- Post-secondary trade skill training, trade license or similar work experience is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated history of safe work practices is required.
- Previous safety training related to working at heights, electrical low voltage ( < 600V), boiler system safety, WHIMIS and OFA level 1 is preferred.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills required
- Mature, positive attitude
- An eye for details
- Organizational skills preferred
- Ability to work alone is required.
- Ability to work without direct supervision is required
- Some experience with pool water chemistry is an asset.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222295