Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The Trail Crew performs daily mountain maintenance and mountain improvements concentrating on re-vegetation, trail maintenance, erosion control, brush cutting, and General Mountain clean up. Physical duties include: loading/unloading of re-vegetation supplies, seed/fertilizer distribution, skidding/tree removal, and general maintenance. The individual in this position must be self-motivated and have the ability to follow instructions. Must have a valid driver's license and have the ability to drive vehicles including 4WD trucks and quad runners.
Physical Work Conditions:
- Work outdoors in a high altitude environment. Includes exposure to weather including wind, rain, snow and sun.
- Are often exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures while working outdoors.
- May be exposed to noise pollution due to use of machinery.
- May work physically near others, usually within a few feet.
- 4/10 work week
- Must be familiar with chain saw operation in a high alpine environment as well as proper chain saw etiquette and maintenance.
- Heavy equipment experience is preferred
- Be able to lift up to 75lb and stand for long periods of time working outdoors, walking and hiking over uneven surfaces.
- A flexible schedule is required including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc
- Trail Maintenance experience would be helpful
- Knowledge of Kirkwood’s trail system
- A valid driver license with an acceptable record is required
- Able to communicate in English - required
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and bend frequently at the back, hip, knee and ankle.
- Must be able to work in high altitudes for extended periods of time
- Able to stand/walk for long periods of time - required
- Able to work outside in all mountain weather conditions - required
- 18 years of age or older – required
- Physical dexterity to hike on ski slopes is required - required
- Able to be trained in the use of light equipment such as compactors, wood chippers, hand tools etc.
- Previous Trail Crew experience in Kirkwood - highly preferred
- Free employee passes
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212431