Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
To provide friendly and energetic service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to our guests while following all state laws and corporate guidelines regarding safe and responsible alcohol management. The successful candidate will assist in serving tables and taking food orders at the bar. Monitor liquor costs and minimize waste, provide consistent, excellent one on one guest service to our guests. This position may be asked to assist management with product ordering and inventory. Product knowledge and drink knowledge is paramount.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of commonly ordered alcoholic beverages in addition to current beer and wine trends.
- Maintain a clean and neat workplace and dining room area.
- Daily cleaning and side work duties including stocking beer, wine, liquor and glassware.
- Communication of all necessary and important information with the restaurant manager and co-workers.
- Ability to work with all members of the restaurant staff to provide an experience of a lifetime for our guests.
- Educational Requirements: HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to stay organized and maintains cleanliness while working in a fast paced environment.
- Communication Requirements: Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English.
- Excellent guest service skills: Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to work in a loud environment
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, 6+ hours
- Previous food and beverage experience
- Previous bartending experience – Required
- Adheres to all grooming and uniform standards
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
California Food Handlers Card – Required within 30 days of employment. Cost of certification provided by Kirkwood Mountain Dining.
TIPS certification – Required within 30 days of employment. Cost of certification provided by Kirkwood Mountain Dining.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 398850