As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for developing and executing people strategy for Mountain and Functions that elevates the employee experience to drive growth and profitability at Vail Resorts. You will focus on collaborating with leaders to drive the business strategy, utilizing talent insights and organization data to drive business outcomes, engaging Centers of Excellence to drive strategic business initiatives that solve the most important business challenges and creating leverage as we solve for local or regional problems in an enterprise-wide, scalable manner.
- Develops organization strategy to enable business strategy, including strategic planning, organization alignment assessment, talent insights and employee experience
- Leads transformation efforts, including change management, process improvement, organizational design and capability development
- Leverage our talent philosophy to ensure robust succession plans, build individual, team and enterprise performance management and manage workforce planning efforts
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR COEs and with business leaders to develop people and organization solutions, programs, and policies
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Coach and consult with leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Learn and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision and values
- Bachelor degree required. Master degree preferred, not required
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices including organizational design, talent management, and culture/change management
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
- Thinks strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive HR solutions that achieve organizational objectives
- Makes informed business decisions through the use of data and analytics
- Proactive approach to workforce development and talent pipeline growth / visibility
- Leads change, initiating and supporting organizational transformation, and adjusting direction when needed
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with clients and with HR colleagues
- Supports the professional growth and development of employees across all levels of the organization
- Champions the culture, while embracing regional and cultural differences in working styles
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
The budgeted range starts at $84,250 - $125,450 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.??At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.?
* Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 428828