Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Transportation CDL Driver is responsible to drive buses, vans or other designated vehicles in a defensive and courteous manner, never abusing equipment, and handling tickets and luggage for guests. As the transportation schedule operates from approximately 7:00am until 9:00pm daily, drivers will be expected to work short, long, and split shifts all in accordance to the Department of Transportation rules and guidelines. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too! This is summer seasonal position. Our season typically runs from May through Mid-October.
The Transportation Driver responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Drivers will be able to learn interpretive narration for Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Wildlife Tours, and special charters
- Drivers are mandated to hold a commercial driver license, and fully comply with all rules and guidelines outlined by the Department of Transportation as well as the Grand Teton Lodge Company
- Drive the vehicle in accordance to the predetermined route
- Obey all laws of the highway and drive in a defensive manner
- Fill out daily reports and notify the manager of any bus difficulties
- Drive extra charters and activities when needed
- Check oil, water, tires and general condition before and after each run and wash and maintain bus cleanliness
- No buses in employee villages without special permission
- Never abuse company equipment in any manner
- Immediately report any incident to management and the National Park Service
- Sweep out buses after each completed run
- Assist passengers to ensure they are properly seated
- Handles passenger emergencies and disruptions
- Must be flexible in scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
The Transportation Driver position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- 2 years prior experience in CDL required driving position - Required
- Valid US Commercial Driver's License, Class A or B with air brake and passenger endorsement (obtained at own expense) - Required
- Good communication skills - Required
- Fluent in English - Required
- Current Medical Examination Report (valid for 2 years) - Required
- Pre-employment drug screen and random drug/alcohol testing as required by state and federal law - Required
- Clean driving record – Required
- Knowledge of Grand Teton National Park and the surrounding area’s – Preferred
- 21 years of age or older – Required
- Pass DOT physical – Required
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 318647