Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you have a passion for the culinary arts? Are you looking to hone your culinary skills and expertise in Country Club cuisine in one of the most sought after golf destinations in the country? Are you interested in working and living next to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
We are currently looking for Cooks and dishwashers, of all experience levels, who will provide first class service to our guests in a casual elegant restaurant environment. Our Executive Chef and her team take pride in their work, offering locally sourced and procured meats, vegetables, flavors and cuisine with homemade breads, pastas, and daily featured specials.
We will be hiring our cooks into three different classifications: Entry, Intermediate and Advanced Level/ Fine Dining at the North Grille Restaurant. Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate position based on previous experience and skill level. Classification requirements are listed below. We are also looking for dishwashers to join the team. Discounted housing provided. Come Work With Us!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work off of a prep-list to ensure proper food preparation.
- Maintain proper food handling and sanitation through the shift.
- Ensure proper facility shut-down including: stocking, sanitizing, equipment cleaning and shut down and proper food storage.
- Treat your coworkers, kitchen, equipment and the food with respect at all times
- Maintain an open mind to learning new techniques and products
- Be receptive to direction from all Food & Beverage management
All Classification Requirements, including Intermediate Cook/Line Cook:
- Knowledge of Pantry station service
- Knowledge about and able to work on a kitchen line
- Knowledge of food safety
- Ability to maintain a positive work ethic
- Strong sense of timing
- Knife handling skills
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs
Advanced/ Fine Dining Cook Responsibilities:
- Previous casual fine dining cooking experience
- Sauce preparation experience
- All Requirements listed above
Entry Level Cook Responsibilities:
- Opening, setting up, running and closing of the line or station assigned
- Preparing dishes to specification by the chef
- Assisting other line cooks and cook assistants, pantry assistants on a day to day basis for prep and other functions in the kitchen
- The safety and cleanliness of the kitchen
The Dishwasher/Steward is responsible for the cleanliness of the Dish Pit, Pot Sinks, Machines, Main Kitchen, Garbage Disposal Areas, Walk-ins, Coolers, Freezers and Kitchen Equipment, China, Flat Wear and Glassware, and additionally is expected to assist with banquet functions set up, service, execution and breakdown.
Job responsibilities for dishwasher include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all cleanliness and upkeep of dish room, pot sinks, shelves, floors, trash and recycling areas
- Ensures all hand wash stations are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer
- Sweeps, Brushes and mops floor at all times.
- Empties garbage into the disposal and cleans the garbage disposal area every time used
- Ensures all stations are properly stocked with necessary plates, glasses, silverware, cookware and tools
- Demonstrate ability to set up a 3 compartment sink
The “must haves” for the dishwasher position include:
- Must be able to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to transport up to 200 lbs of supplies using proper cart.
- Must be able to stand and walk on various floor surfaces for extended periods of time.
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 280407