Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Team Lead (or Race Supervisor) works with Competition Services. This position is responsible for scheduling and supervising staff for EpicMix Racing, USSA Racing, Middle/High School races, special events, and other daily Competition Services operations.
- Schedule and supervise staff
- Supervise set up and tear down of EpicMix Racing daily, other races, and events as needed.
- Supervise the daily operation of EpicMix Racing.
- Oversee RPOS and EpicMix Racing products, trouble shoot systems, close and generate daily reports.
- Oversee the collection of EpicMix Racing and other racing receipts and generate daily reports.
- Oversee the installation of trail fencing, safety features, and signage at EpicMix Racing and other race venues.
- Participate in event planning with Keystone's Marketing, Group Sales, and Corporate Sales Departments.
- Participate in the budgeting process for EpicMix Racing.
- Work as a contact person for Ski and Ride School as it pertains to EpicMix Racing and other Ski and Ride School race events.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required (College Degree - preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of experience running an EpicMix Race venue - required
- Prior experience working with USSA, Middle School and/or High School races - required
- 1+ years of supervisory or team lead experience - required
- 3+ years of mountain operations experience - preferred
- Valid Drivers License - required
- Advanced snow mobile operator - required
- Must be an expert at the set-up and the operation of Split Second and EpicMix Racing electronic timing systems.
- Must be an expert skier or rider.
- USSA member - prefer chief of course and timing certifications.
- Must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office / MS Outlook.
- Will be required to work extended hours outside in alpine mountain environment with variable weather conditions including snow, wind, cold and sun.
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
At Okemo, we’ve got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 197989