Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Senior Retail Marketing Manager will drive the strategy and development of the multi-year roadmap for retail marketing, supporting the overall marketing vision for Vail Resorts’ Retail business. This position will work hand in hand with the Merchandising and Operations teams to develop our long term vision and leverage available guest insights, channel data, and sales information to develop data-driven marketing strategies. They will co-lead efforts with channel owners (Digital and Relationship Management) to develop ways to drive our retail strategy forward and will drive guest/consumer insights – defining & closing knowledge gaps to ensure we talk to our guests as effectively as possible. This position will be a marketing lead for cross-functional projects & initiatives and will lead the overarching strategy for our co-op program. They will manage a team to accomplish our retail goals focused around new customer growth, guest loyalty, and overall revenue expansion for Retail.
- Partner closely with Merchandising & Operations teams to develop our long term retail strategy – and translate that into a winning, data-driven Marketing strategy
- Develop a roadmap to achieve our 5 year growth strategy, understanding the role each sales channel and initiative is playing and how to optimize across to drive the retail business
- Collaborate with the go-to-market team and engage heavily throughout the evolution of content that brings the retail marketing strategy to life
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all initiatives & efforts are aligned with the marketing strategy and growth objectives
- Ideate, develop, and pitch new marketing strategies to reach our guests most effectively – translating known guest insights into tactical plans and moving them through the approval process
- Work and manage relationships with key stakeholders, channel owners, sponsors, operational contributors, and financial counterparts to support ongoing initiatives
- Work closely with Relationship Management (RM) team on consumer insights, segmentation strategies, and customer capture initiatives for retail
- Grow our co-op marketing program – expanding the use of and business results generated from key retail partners
- Help drive our e-commerce capabilities, leveraging available opportunities to help build and demonstrate business cases and advocate for its ongoing evolution
- Provide thoughtful analysis of marketing effectiveness in achieving marketing objectives and business-driving efforts
- Collaborate with the Merchandising, Digital, & RM teams on reporting and optimization of VRR’s marketing plan utilizing supporting data on sales analytics, channel results, etc.
- Lead and develop a high functioning team – supporting self and others in fulfillment of potential and fueling the company’s core values and mission
- Oversee day-to-day budget management for retail marketing and complete accurate forecasting
- Contribute to and support the efforts of the Director as needed
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or related field, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- A minimum of 6 years of marketing strategy and execution
- 4+ years of experience managing staff at supervisory/manager level
- Strong passion for retail – in-store & digital
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think conceptually across various customer communication channels and touch points
- Business ownership mentality and logical, fact-based thinker
- Great collaborator and team builder
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data from a variety of systems to create a point of view which can influence and drive the business
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience in a resort, travel or retail environment
- Retail e-commerce experience
- Budget management experience
The budgeted range starts at $90,000 - $105,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 300751