Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Keystone is currently interested in speaking with experienced lift electronic technicians of all levels. We have a rare opening on our team and we are looking for someone interested in living in beautiful Summit County year round. The position is perfect for someone who wants to learn and grow with the department. Compensation will be dependent upon your experience and certifications.
The primary responsibility of this position at Keystone is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of lifts, with emphasis on proficiency, instruction, safety, and leadership in all areas of Lift Electronics. The technician ensures that the Lift Electrical Manager, Electrical Supervisor, Lift Dispatch, and Department Director are immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions.
Level of skill will be determined by hiring manager and team. Candidate will be placed in level of technician accordingly.
Essential job duties and qualifications:
- The employee will be expected to work as a productive member of a team to ensure the safe and efficient operation of electronic equipment, to include ski lifts, at Keystone Resort.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to knowledge and basic use of hand tools, battery testers, soldering irons, volt/ohm/amp meters, oscilloscopes, and industrial/personal computers.
- The job will require climbing and work to heights of 130 feet.
- It will also require operation of snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, four wheel drives, and some heavy equipment.
- A valid Colorado driver’s license is preferred.
- The employee is expected to have an excellent understanding of electronics, to include relay logic, digital electronic systems and subsystems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and repair low voltage control systems using schematics and a multi-meter or test equipment.
- The employee can troubleshoot and provide answers in a timely manner when a “lift down” occurs.
- The employee can follow schematics to wire and upgrade low voltage control systems.
- The employee should be able to draw schematic diagrams using CAD on a personal computer.
- The employee should demonstrate a high level of confidence and safety when working with 480 VAC.
- The employee can troubleshoot and repair, to the electronic subassembly or SCR, any electronic drive system.
- The employee can test and repair electric motor components, including bearings.
- The employee understands how to interface a personal computer to PLCs, is able to follow simple ladder logic instruction sets on ski lift controls, and write fundamental ladder logic programs.
- The employee can understand and resolve basic network conflicts on multiple controller network systems.
- The employee will be able to develop a working knowledge of the Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board and American National Standards Institute B77 codebooks, and is familiar with the National Electric Code.
- Must be able to work outdoors in a mountain environment, sometimes with temperatures down to -20’. Required schedule includes weekends, nights and holidays.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223347