Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
A Breckenridge Resort Security Officer is responsible for all Security and Fire life safety situations within Vail Resorts’ Hospitality and Mountain Divisions located in Breckenridge, Colorado. This individual will perform guest and employee services on a regular basis. Breckenridge Resort Security officers do regular security patrols of all properties within the Breckenridge Ski Resort and hospitality outlets. Security officers work closely with police and fire agencies during investigations and fire prevention drills and training. Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting investigations concerning all vehicle accidents involving company vehicles, guest injuries, thefts, suspicious activity, fraudulent ski pass use, employee misconduct, fires, medical emergencies, drug use in/on Vail Resorts property, parking violations, access control, trespassing, guest service, employee assists and prepare an incident report for each occurrence, when applicable
- Coordinating efforts with outside agencies such as Breckenridge Police Department, Summit County Sheriff’s Office, Summit County Ambulance Service, Red, White & Blue Fire Department and the Colorado State Patrol
- Responding to all active fires and alarms within Breckenridge Ski Resort & Hospitality areas
- Responding to all emergency and security occurrences in the Breckenridge Ski Resort & Hospitality outlets and working with the appropriate law enforcement agency, if necessary, to resolve all problems correctly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the access control of One Ski Hill Place, Crystal Peak Lodge, Village at Breckenridge, Mountain Thunder Lodge, River Mountain Lodge, Breckenridge Ski Resorts administration Buildings, ticket offices, and the mountain road access gates
- Performing guest and employee services such as vehicle lockouts, access control, missing property, lost children and guest assist rides when needed.
- Performing foot, vehicle, skiing/riding and mountain bike patrols through all Breckenridge hospitality outlets and on the mountain during ski season, when applicable, and report on unsafe conditions, fire hazards, and security issues
- Working event security. Which persists of: signage, crowd control, access control, alcohol and drug use enforcement and assisting in set up and tear down if needed
- Working with Animal Control in assistance with moose, bear, elk, deer or other wildlife situations within Vail Resorts’ property to ensure the safety of our guests, employees and wildlife
- Responding to medical calls on Vail Resorts property to assist ski patrol or paramedics as needed
- Performs pedestrian and vehicle traffic control as needed throughout the resort and will be certified by the Colorado Department of Transportation to do so
- Maintaining a daily patrol/call log of all activities throughout your 10 hour shift.
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep of department’s vehicles, equipment and office space
- High school diploma or equivalanet
- Previous security experience - preferred
- Ability to speak, read, write English
- Previous guest service exprerience - preferred
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 207670