Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Are you an experienced food & beverage professional? Does the idea of working at a semi-private golf club interest you? Are you interested in working and living next door to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the complete management of the F&B operation excluding the kitchen staff. Specifically: North Grille, swimming pool, snack bar and beverage cart operations. This responsibility includes day-to-day management as well as strategic planning and implementation of in-house and corporate developed programs. Overall areas of responsibility include all aspects of personnel management, verbal and written communication to members, club event management, outside catering management, successful implementation of service initiatives and delivery of world-class service to both members and guests. The Food & Beverage Manager may also be asked to undertake specific projects and/or responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the club manager. You are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works to meet budgeted financial goals and monitors performance in relation to goals. Works with accounting, handle all members and outside banquet billings, produce invoices and member checks and monitor for accuracy and procedural implementation.
- Implement and manage COS control program for liquor and assist Executive Chef with COS program for food. Conduct monthly inventories.
- Manage payroll budget for all areas of responsibility.
- Assist manager and other departments as necessary with administrative duties including payroll, AP, AR, HR, banking and others.
- Train staff, recruit, schedule, supervise, coach, and provide disciplinary action to all areas of responsibility.
- Assist Executive Chef with menu management and development of programs to maximize revenues and minimize COS.
- Implement all revenue and service strategies including staff training and follow-up report production.
- Contact and coordinate, with guidance from Club Manager, outside banquet and catered events. Coordinate and produce all banquet events per procedures. Work closely with Executive Chef and Head Golf Professional on event coordination.
- Create and manage two member events per month during operating season and holiday season
- Develop, implement and coordinate member golf dining events including meeting with committees, planning, budgeting and production.
- Be available daily to communicate with members and guests, solve member/guest complaints and service issues and act as an ambassador of JHG&TC and GTLC.
- Inspect daily (at minimum), all restaurant, snack bar and clubhouse entrance perimeter areas for cleanliness and maintenance of standards. Also inspect restaurant bathrooms for cleanliness and completion of daily “cleanliness check-off sheets.” Tour all areas of responsibility daily to inspect and conduct training for service and cleanliness.
- Promote JHG&TC and GTLC in all activities and through all actions. Act as ambassador for the club in private and community relations.
- Attend educational programs and networking opportunities as deemed appropriate by club manager
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous experience in multi-outlet food & beverage management
- Previous experience with banquet service / management
- Extensive personnel management background to include recruiting, training, motivating, coaching, and supervising staff of at least 20 people
- Prior POS use and training experience
- Disposition suitable for extensive public contact.
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- TIPS certification
The following experience / skills are not required, although they are preferred:
- Prior experience at a golf facility
Come golf where nature plays in the shadows of the Tetons. Our team is dedicated to providing a one of a kind golf experience for members and guests alike. Help us create the excellent playing conditions, player services, amenities, and delicious food that make us the locals' club. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. With spectacular views and a great location between Grand Teton National Park and the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club offers an amazing place to live and work in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 287267