Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job: Club house staff assists in the successful operations of the club house for the summer golf season under the direction of the Clubhouse Manager and Clubhouse Supervisors. They influence the overall operation through their passion, pride, leadership, and organizational skills. They work toward the overall goal of providing an Experience of a Lifetime for Afton Alps Guests.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Interacting with guests, providing excellent customer service and ensuring all guest have an Experience of a Lifetime
- Use of computerized cash register to collect greens fees and retail purchases
- Assist guests with registration paperwork
- Keep the clubhouse/pro shop clean and orderly
- Provides information and answers questions concerning golf programs, lessons, and golf leagues
- Makes tee time reservations for guests via phone
- Provide assistance in preparing for and conducting club tournaments
- Assist other staff members and clubhouse manager in operations.
- Ability to receive delegation from Clubhouse Manager, and Supervisors of responsibilities to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of corporate and resort specific policies and procedures
- Provide quality service to guests by meeting quality standards for food handling and preparation, safety and sanitation
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness of the building and the safety of guests and employees
- Ensure all coolers, freezers, and walk-in's are maintained at the companies and health inspectors’ food safety standards and HAACP standards
- Knowledgeable of business/restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures
- Fills in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Responsible for helping run registers, making deposits, and the paperwork associated with closing drawers.
- Identify the minimum education and experience required to perform the duties of the job. Be specific.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license – required
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the Golf Season. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required.
- MS office, RPOS and InfoGenisis proficiency – Preferred
- Certified in TIPS and enforcement of Bartender's Code of Conduct – Preferred
- Possess strong liquor and beer knowledge for training ability – Preferred
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form including communicating on the mountain radio.
- Working knowledge of kitchen and bar areas and work with chefs/culinary programs to establish and maintain sanitization and food quality standards.
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high level guest contact, fact finding for appropriate decision making, commitment to guest service and employee relations
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212196