Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
To function as a team member within the Ski Area Building Maintenance department. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of the customers and resort’s interest at all times. Use skill-based knowledge to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all times with focus on efficiency and quality of work. This position can cover many departments pertaining to repairs, upkeep and preventative maintenance as requested. People skills planning, execution, control, communication are essential in completing tasks efficiently and keeping department informed on work status. Vail resorts core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Assure that the integrity of the resort assets is maintained.
- Implement preventative maintenance programs for assigned facilities and equipment.
- Provide training to entry and intermediate maintenance staff when required in job specific tasks.
- Plan, scope and coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required and obtain the required estimates.
- Order and maintain required parts for stock for critical equipment for assigned areas.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required.
- Possess your own hand tools and keeps them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Maintain job logs updated daily.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration systems.
- Universal Refrigerant license
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
- Very experienced in appliance installation, general mechanics, wood work, motor alignment and balancing and troubleshooting.
- Very knowledgeable with plumbing and systems, electrical, controls and kitchen equipment
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA, MSDS and PPE.
- Planning, prioritizing, organizing and controlling are key attributes.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
- Other duties as assigned related to function.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211631