Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
You are expected to adhere to the company’s mission, vision and value statements. Be knowledgeable of the company’s management systems, policies and initiatives for Hospitality, Environmental, and Health and Safety. You have specific responsibilities within these areas and are expected to understand them. Provide all services of the shop to customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner.
- Provide product information and employ positive sales techniques.
- Operate cash register accurately and make change using the proper
- Company procedures.
- Be familiar with Company policy on handling checks and credit cards.
- Operate fuel system as needed
- Dust merchandise and counters daily.
- Stock displays daily, keeping them filled and clean.
- Keep the store manager informed as to the salability of various items, especially the fast selling items so that reorder can be made.
- Be courteous to fellow employees. Utilize teamwork.
- Keep watch for shoplifting. Greeting all persons in the shop is the best preventative measure. Keep manager informed if theft is likely.
- Perform any special shop duties as assigned by the Shop Supervisor.
- Inventory store at the end of the season under the direction of the Senior Retail staff.
- All employees will actively participate in training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment.
- Follow proper lifting and other safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Prior experience with Retail Point-of-Sale preferred
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written in an effective manner
- Well groomed and professional appearance. Uniforms will be issued in area’s they are required
- Cash Handling
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate maximum sales by engaging customers needs
- Display merchandise in a National Park theme related manner
- Become familiar with merchandise to be able to answer questions customers might have.
- Keep all displays clean and free of dust.
- Stock merchandise daily, replenishing items sold and keeping a full stock available for sale.
- Follow cash register procedures established by the Company. Follow procedures including handling cash, checks, credit cards, voids, customer shipments, and closing registers at night.
- Maintain good communications with retail personnel.
- All employees will actively participate in hospitality, environmental, health and safety, and NPS/Community relations training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment
- Make sure appearance and grooming conforms to Company standards.
- Adhere to the company's Hazard Communication program by ensuring safe use of cleaning/chemical products in the department.
- Proper lifting and other safety procedures.
- Adhere to ladder safety, box cutter safety, trip hazards, lifting and cart safety SOPs
- You must be committed to working in partnership with the National Park Service and community organizations to enhance our guests’ experiences. Our goal is to receive only fours and fives on the five point rating scale used by NPS.
- Prepare and complete bi-weekly payroll for staff in coordination with store manager
- Minimize Audit Points of Concerns (APOC’s)
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 478834