Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Snow Cat Operation team is no exception to creating this experience of a lifetime. Responsible for maintaining the picturesque appearance of our snow and ski slopes, Snow Cat Operators are safety minded individuals operating heavy equipment to ensure the best possible snow surface for thrill seekers.
- Starting Wage: $21 / hour
- Outlet: Park City Mountain Village, Canyons Village
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time Seasonal
- Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Other Specifics: Due to the nature of the operation, this position is only available as an overnight shift from 12:00am (Midnight) – 8:30am
Understand the use, operation, and maintenance of heavy equipment used for snow/slope grooming
Operate snow/slope grooming equipment, such as a snowcat, to maintain the appearance and quality of resort snow trails and ski slopes to the highest level possible.
Maintain a general knowledge of the mountain and adhere to safety regulations
Perform basic routine inspections and preventative maintenance, on equipment to minimize downtime
Communicate clearly and effectively via 2-way radio
Communicate advanced mechanical problems or maintenance needs with shop mechanics
Communicate effectively with coworkers and other departments to provide direction, support and maintain good working relationships
Other duties as assigned
2-4 years of snow grooming experience required
Valid driver's license with no restrictions
Must be able to communicate fluently in English
Ability to work in small groups as well as independently
Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating the snowcat as well as climb on and off frequently
Knowledge in 2-way radio use and various codes
The budgeted range starts at $21 - $22.75. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 456867