Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
This position covers many departments pertaining to requested repairs, upkeep and preventative maintenance; people skills, planning, execution, control, and communication
are essential to completing the assigned tasks efficiently as well as keeping the department informed on work status. We expect skill-based knowledge to be used in a professional
manner to make competent decisions with a focus on both the interests of our customers and the resort as well as quality of work. Vail Resorts’ core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assure that the integrity of the resort assets is maintained.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
- Implement preventative maintenance programs for assigned facilities and equipment.
- Provide training to Entry level staff when required in job specific tasks.
- Coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required.
- Order and maintain stock for critical equipment for assigned areas.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required.
- Posses your own hand tools and keeps them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Maintain job logs updated daily.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Drivers License.
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
- Good knowledge in appliance installation, general mechanics, wood work and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledgeable with plumbing and systems, electrical, controls and kitchen equipment.
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA, MSDS and PPE.
- Planning, organizing and controlling are key attributes.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills.
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
- Other duties as assigned related to function.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience - required
- Minimum of four years of related field experience - required
- EPA Refrigerant Certification - preferred
- Strong facilities maintenance background in the following skills: plumbing, mechanical system repairs, minor carpentry and building repairs
- HVAC/boiler repair - preferred
- Large kitchen electrical/mechanical troubleshooting - preferred
The budgeted range starts at $18-$20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 281887