Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Zach’s Cabin: Nestled amongst the aspens on Bachelor’s Gulch Mountain overlooking the Gore Range, our cabin is a “ski in-ski out” signature private members club during the day. At night we open to the public where elegant alpine sleigh ride and fine dining experiences are made. Our location and atmosphere is unlike any other on the mountain. Join our staff and become part of the Vail Resorts family with locations and opportunities around the world. Beaver Creek is a winter wonderland that will be sure to provide an experience of a lifetime.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for having a strong food knowledge base as well as a very detailed understanding and memorization of the current menu items which include all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, as well as food and specials.
- Handle all opening and closing duties required to operate the restaurant and ensures that all stocking is done, tables are properly set and the dining room is clean.
- Exhibit strong menu, beverage and wine knowledge to make recommendations for guests on various offerings.
- This individual will be responsible for providing friendly and courteous service of food, wine, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests while following state laws and corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for the completion of all side work assigned and seek out additional responsibilities to help the dining room function smoothly when work assigned is complete.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast but thorough pace.
- Attends the daily pre-shift meeting to learn any important daily information as well as any other scheduled staff meetings.
- Responsible for being a team player and communicating effectively with both front and back of the house
- Daily responsibilities may include any or all of the following: taking food/beverage orders, expediting food, serving food and drinks, bartending, bussing and clearing tables, cleaning, stocking, polishing silver, glass and dishware, trash and recycling removal, and smooth and efficient set up and tear down of daily dining operations.
- All employees are charged with the responsibility to follow all rules and policies of the facility they are employed and Vail Resorts Inc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years or older - required
- High School Diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to communicate effectively in English - required
- At least 2 years prior fine dining wait staff experience - required
- Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs - required
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required
- Afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays - required
- Must have a good attitude, seeking to provide the best guest experience possible
- Positive work ethic
- Team-oriented attitude
- Excellent guest service
- TIPS certification required - will provide with TIPS training within 30 days of hire if necessary
- In-person interview – required
- Wine knowledge – preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 195067