Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
At Heavenly Ski & Ride School we are all about getting our guests on the mountain and creating an Experience of a Lifetime.
Product Sales Agents as a face of Heavenly Ski & Ride School have a high level of guest interaction. Often the first point of contact, Product Sales Agents work with our guests to develop a professional and personalize rapport while delivering world class guest service. Working in a fast paced environment Product Sales Agents provide quality information about our lesson products, sell & book lessons, and work with guests to make sure we are best meeting their lesson needs.
- Provide exceptional guest service while facilitating the sale of lesson packages, lift tickets and scenic ride tickets
- Answer all questions, provide detailed information and establish trust with our guests to close the sale
- Make suitable recommendations on lesson products that are in line with guest needs and meet business objectives
- Process sales in Guest Connect point of sale system, ensure all required sales information is collected and lesson paperwork is accurately completed
- Communicate clearly and concisely with guests to set appropriate lesson expectations
- Assist with morning and afternoon lesson check-in and process reservation packets
- Complete required resort and departmental training and development courses
- Cross-train and work in all areas of Product Sales and Services including guest services, scanning, and greeter hosts
- Perform other duties as required
Requirements & Skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Great active listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and rapport building skills
- A patient and empathetic attitude
- Proactive work ethic and an ability to sell and upsell products
- Work well as part of a team, and maintain a positive attitude
- Work outside and stand for extended periods of time when needed
- Work efficiently on computers with a high degree of accuracy
- Reliable, punctual, and always exhibit a professional attitude and appearance
- Available to work the entire winter season (Nov-April) including holidays and weekends
- Available to work at least 3 days a week and 6 hour shifts
- High School Diploma or GED
- Point of sale service experience
- Knowledge of all Ski and Ride School products, as well as a general knowledge of Heavenly and South Lake Tahoe
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- A second language (a plus but not required)
- Love of skiing or snowboarding
- Free employee and discounted dependent ski passes
- Free employee ski and snowboard lessons
- Discounted lift tickets & lessons for friends & family
- Retail and food discounts, including $5.00 employee meals
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
- Training and professional development
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 359967