Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Minimum two years food and beverage management experience, in a fast paced, high volume, food and beverage operation
- Ability to understand and apply sound financial, purchasing, and personnel management with an emphasis on training, directing and motivating others
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other management and supervisory positions
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Conversational Spanish speaking ability highly desirable
- State food handlers permit
- Class 12 Liquor license
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- This position requires a satisfactory background screening
- Monitor daily operations to ensure customer service and quality levels are achieved
- Assist in staff recruitment
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching, and correcting behaviors,
- Address issues, concerns, and complaints; resolve problems, and ensuring compliance with all state and federal labor laws
- Continuously review/implement programs to drive revenue per skier visit
- Maintain clean, well-organized facilities in compliance with company and legal standards and regulations
- Implement the company and department philosophies, vision, mission, and values into the daily operation of the department
- Ensure the production of the best possible product, attractively presented and efficiently served
- Establish the daily operating procedures and oversee implementation, planning, and procedures
- Responsible for the purchase of all products, supplies, and small equipment as needed throughout the season via the established procedures
- Authorize payment of bills and cost account such bills incurred by department
- Effectively work with the Receiving department to ensure proper delivery and receipt of all orders for facilities
- Ensure proper controls are in place with cash handling and reporting procedures
- Produce inventories, reports, and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly management meetings and other company activities
- Other duties as required by the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Senior Management Team
- Implement company policies and procedures and use good judgment when responding to employees concerns or issues
- Represent the views of staff to management and the views of the company to the employees
- Maintain high staff morale; motivate employees to perform under challenging conditions
- Handle customer relations and/or employee problems that may arise, making consistent decisions to resolve conflict
- Assist the F&B Operations Manager in planning/preparing the operating and capital budgets
- Plan, develop, and implement goals, objectives, and policies for the assigned departments
- Perform daily and weekly examination of revenue, expense, and labor reports
- Frequently review with the supervisory staff to maintain familiarity, assess status towards achieving goals and budget objectives
- Assess financial performance and adjust operations to meet/exceed goals
- Effectively work with Building & Grounds and the Receiving staff to ensure proper delivery and receipt of all orders
- Other duties as assigned by the F&B Operations Manager, the General Manager, and the Senior Management Team.
- Be knowledgeable about the ski area and all food and beverage services
- Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personnel/work issues
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with company and department policies and procedures
- Maintain a detail oriented focus, ensuring all steps are taken to develop and implement training and development programs.
- Ensure duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow the Food and Beverage Manager and Supervisor Behavioral Expectations and act according to these guidelines in the workplace
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or greater with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
- The employee will occasionally walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 198709