We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Volunteer Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Top five reasons to work in Product, Sales and Services
1. Team Environment - A chance to meet and work with interesting people from around the world and build lifelong friendships.
2. Leadership - A dedicated support team that focuses on YOUR needs.
3. Growth - Utilize your skills while building new ones. Gain confidence and valuable experience.
4. Variety – Every day offers new experiences.
5. Social - The most fun you will ever have at work and after work.
Position Status & Job Summary: Full Time (30-40 hours/week) Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as the have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
A Snow School Sales Senior Host is expected to market the services, programs, benefits and qualities of both Whistler and Blackcomb to our guests. They will ensure accurate information and assist our guests in making the best mountain experience possible. The senior host will oversee the Snow School Sales staff and run the day-to-day operations of the Snow School Sales office in the Daylodge, Village, Creekside locations.
What you’ll be doing:
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations and to create an experience of a lifetime with our guests and staff.
- To ensure a smooth operation of the Snow School Sales locations and procedures.
- To communicate to the Supervisor on all aspects of the operation.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date with all programs, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide on-the-job training for new staff as well as outlining new procedures for returning staff.
- Oversee all of the duties required of the Snow School Sales Hosts and provide leadership, motivation, and feedback with regards to their performance.
- To complete the staffing schedule and daily payroll.
- To ensure all opening and closing procedures are carried out.
- Organize daily breaks and lunch schedules for all hosts.
- Adjusting staffing levels as required based on business volumes and ensures no unauthorized overtime is accumulated.
- Handle absenteeism by rescheduling and coordinating staff to cover shifts.
- Assist and audit all cash-outs.
- Monitor all office equipment and ensure any necessary repairs are carried out in a timely manner.
- To provide feedback and assistance to the Sales Supervisor in preparing seasonal employee reviews.
- To maintain a complete list of pass over notes and tasks to be completed for the Supervisor and next senior host on duty.
- To perform all duties of a Snow School Sales Host.
- To perform other duties, as assigned by the Sales Supervisor.
- Demonstrate our core values: Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
- Excellent communication, organizational and motivational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Whistler/Blackcomb an asset
- Broad experience in various aspects of guest service/sales
- Strong computer skills
- Minimum typing 30wpm
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- BC Drivers License and Drivers Abstract is an asset
- Cash-out reconciling experience
- Mature, friendly and well-groomed
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts with a Volunteer Opportunity!. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join us, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343451