Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts employs a highly scalable, seasonal workforce that provides guests and employees with an experience of a lifetime. We are hiring for a new position, our Administrator – Enterprise Workforce Management.
Vail Resorts is the industry leading mountain resort operator with a network of 37 owned and operated ski resorts across the U.S., Canada and Australia. The company is a $2.4B revenue and $9 billion market cap business that encompasses multiple lines of business including mountain operations, lodging and retail.
Workforce management is one of Vail Resorts strategic priorities and this new role creates an exciting opportunity for a smart, ambitious, technology focused team member to achieve an immediate, significant, and sustained impact as our business continues to grow both organically and also via acquisitions. Now, more than ever, workforce management will be a key unlock and focus in the uncertain environment that lies ahead.
You will report directly to the Director of HR Strategy & Planning. You will be the owner for Vail Resorts workforce management technology and capabilities; including a new scheduling optimization system: Legion. You will leverage your process optimization mindset to drive increase in workforce utilization and optimization and ensure best practices are in place across the enterprise. You will be expected to identify, investigate, communicate findings and be agile to make changes in both process and technology. This is a highly collaborative role that will have a direct impact on our business and its ability to drive an experience of a lifetime for our employees and our guests.
- Deploy, train, provide on-going support, measure success, and optimize workforce management best practices in Legion proof of concept to drive enterprise rollout plan.
- Analyze operations data to identify, execute time studies, and clearly communicate data-driven opportunities and successes to leadership in a positive, constructive, and solution orientated manner.
- Build and curate enterprise-wide workforce management best practices, process and business requirements, knowledge and associated documentation, tools, programs, processes, and metrics.
- Participate in the development of the test plan and scripts for any changes to or enhancements of Legion.
- Develop, deploy and maintain workforce management training to business, HR and finance stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of initiatives aimed at improving and implementing best practices in labor productivity.
- Collaborate with Operations on identifying opportunities to further optimize our workforce.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to continuously optimize labor utilization and the manager/employee experience.
- Provide Tier 2 support for the day to day process for budgeting, forecasting & scheduling partnering with HR Technology, Finance, Project Management, Operations team members as needed to drive necessary changes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day configuration of Legion application in support of business needs.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of HR Strategy & Planning to deploy Legion to enterprise.
- Minimum 2 years in workforce management, preferable in retail, food & beverage, or hospitality.
- Technology savvy with proven ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; knowledge of rigorous data gathering methods, statistical processing, hypothesis testing, data projection and extrapolation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion.
- Discern when it’s appropriate to take independent action, consult with leadership, and/or behave as a supportive team player.
- Strong written, analytical, persuasive, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to translate business and operational goals into executable actions that are driven to completion.
- Curious, quick learner, who enjoys solving new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively when solving problems.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We offer a variety of professional career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222407