Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Both Full Time and Part Time positions for PSIA/AASI certified Adult and Children's instructors are available for the 2019/20 Winter Season. Additionally, instructors interested in obtaining certification who are not currently certified, may also apply to this position.
The Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age - required.
- Attend and successfully complete Ski and Ride training sessions- required.
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification- optional.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation- required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well in a team- required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment- required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends- required.
- Experience working with guests of all ages - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - preferred.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children (if applicable) - preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish - preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski clinics
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Please Note: Vail Resorts will also conduct reference checks for all candidates being considered for employment and a criminal background check for all candidates who have been offered a position in our Ski and Snowboard School.
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 174427