Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
- Plan all aspects of events: BEOs, Activities, Communications, logistics, meeting space needs and design, staff, collateral, vendors, shipments, invoices, schedules and timelines, budget management, pre-payment collection and reconciliation.
- Maximize food, beverage and activity revenue to the Resorts through strong product knowledge and selling skills.
- Work with clients to ensure that the function is professionally planned and have contact with client once in house to ensure any requests or problems are resolved.
- Take responsibility to ensure that group leaders are comfortable with the resort and knowledgeable about our product, personnel and responsibilities.
- Package all bills ensuring accuracy before sending to accounting for processing, make any necessary adjustments working with and ensure timely payments are received.
- Develop and maintain professionalism with clients, in house departments and vendors, maximizing profitability and guest service.
- Position is required to work all major functions as assigned by manager, understanding many events will occur in the evening after hours and on weekends.
- Position may be responsible for planning events for multiple Vail Resorts Destinations
- College Degree Preferred
- 2 Years Conference Services or Event Planning Experience
- Preferred but not Required
- Delphi or Salesforce Experience, Social Tables, BEO
- Strong, effective and timely verbal and written communications skills
- Good listening abilities
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow multiple SOPs
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple groups simultaneously
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301070