Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Grooming Team Lead is responsible for delegating nightly work assignments and making sure tasks are completed in a safe and productive manner in the supervisor’s absence. Promote a positive and productive work environment while controlling equipment damage. Hands on training and development of new operators.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining a clear and positive line of communication with the opposite crew as well asa management.
- Promoting a safety culture.
- Holding employees accountable for thier actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years grooming experience.
- The ability to motivate both new and existing employees.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Must be able to work outdoors at night.
- Valid drivers license.
- Clean driving record.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record - required
- Willing to work 10+ hour shifts as needed - required
- Willing to work early morning, late evening and overnight shifts – required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs - required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Able to climb on and off the vehicles frequently - required
- Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating the snow cat - required
- Willing to work holiday and weekends as required - required
- Must be willing to drive change, lead by example, and be open to innovative / new ideas.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in an alpine, winter environment - required
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude - required
- Basic understanding of your resort’s trail system – Preferred
- Previous Snow-cat experience required for Advanced & Intermediate level candidates
- Understand grooming patterns and methods including pack grooming techniques - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Ability to detect noticeable problems with equipment - required
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety guidelines – required
- Must be able to commit through end of season (Early April)
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 360148