Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, CO
We are looking for a mid-senior software developer that is a motivated self-starter to be responsible for all stages of the application lifecycle to join the Digital team at Vail Resorts. Directly supporting our digital products and services across consumer-facing web, mobile, mobile app, ecommerce and the broader marketing technology space; the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This individual will leverage modern coding techniques using Microsoft .NET MVC to deliver efficient and scalable functionality to applications supporting our guest-facing digital applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing applications including EMMA and EpicMix that leverage RESTful services.
- Maintain and implement new features for our 15+ resort e-commerce platform using MVC .Net and Sitecore CMS integrating multiple internal systems and third party APIs in the process
- Write and update unit tests to ensure code coverage.
- Maintain and create documentation for Application features and processes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and other IT teams to deliver application requirements and inform cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations, and implementation
- Work closely with our product team to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet requirements and are delivered on-time
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code is of high quality following best practices, is performant, and follows OWASP Top 10 secure coding practices
- Quickly determine the root cause of complex software issues and develop clean and scalable technical solutions.
- Actively participate in scrum activities (daily standups, planning, grooming and retros)
- Proactively engage with the team whether gathering requirements, troubleshooting an issue, deploying a solution into production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ Years of web development experience.
- Experience coding in Microsoft MVC.Net using Visual Studio and C#.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience using source control technologies, specifically Git.
- Solid understanding of the web application lifecycle.
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your experience
- You understand the software development process and the tools that are typically used, and care not only about the code that is written but also the process by which we get there.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and manage own time, multi-task and switch contexts
- Must be able to communicate written and verbally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experienced with all technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and implementation skills
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience in delivering solutions for a content management system, preferably Sitecore.
- Understanding of Microsoft Entity Framework, SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing code for PCI compliance.
- An understanding of web frameworks: jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS and REACT.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 209468