Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Winter Seasonal
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Afton Alps, MN USA
The Product Sales and Services Manager expertly oversees the leadership, training and overall quality of the guest and employee experience for product sales and services. The ideal candidate will embody and drive a customer success culture founded on accountability, trust, problem solving, and attention to detail, teamwork, communication, employee development, and self-development.
- Implementing and executing process and structural changes to the PSS Department.
- Responsible for managing a 5 location department, a staff of over 50, and a leadership team.
- Fully understand Ticket, Season Pass, and Ski & Snowboard School product offerings in order to provide guidance to staff and guests; ensure all appropriate products are accurate and available for sale at each sale location.
- Administer Guest Data Collection protocol.
- Create, manage, and monitor department KPIs.
- Exemplify exceptional external guest and inter/intra departmental relations.
- Stay abreast of guests’ needs and actively promote sales of products and services to meet those needs.
- Prepare/monitor budget utilizing labor distribution reports and monthly P&L financials.
- Create staff schedules based on current budget and forecasted skier volumes.
- Understand department budgets, and manage the business to budget.
- Personnel management including hiring, training, scheduling, performance reviews, performance and disciplinary actions.
- Accurately manage to the labor budget, and perform all Time & Labor entries & approvals in PeopleSoft.
- Manage computer systems (i.e. RPOS, Guest Connect, Application Manager, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office).
- Oversee all daily monies, (i.e. operating banks, cash reserve banks and bank drops in accordance with company guidelines).
- Work closely with Ski and Snowboard School and Resort Operations Manager team to help cross train, job share and support the overall PSS purpose of fulfilling the appropriate products for our guest.
- Participate in all Afton Alps Leadership Team functions, meetings, and off-site events.
- Provide on-going feedback to director and management team regarding guest service issues and suggestions.
- 3-5 years Product Sales and Services experience.
- 1 year supervisor experience
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- MS office and RPOS proficiency.
- Previous experience in a managerial or leadership position.
- Experience designing and implementing departmental trainings.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223469