Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This is a summer seasonal role. Our season runs from Mid-May through early October with a few roles starting early June. All applicants must be available for the whole season.
The Jackson Lake Lodge Server / Waitstaff is responsible to provide courteous, prompt, and accurate service to all guests dining in the restaurant, including anticipating guests' needs, continually delivering service "with a smile."
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Prior food and beverage experience
- Previous Point of Sale experience
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work long hours and variable shifts
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- TIPS certified
- Cash handling experience
- 21 years of age or older per WY requirements for alcohol service - preferred
Where you could be working:
The Mural Room
Atmosphere: Upscale Dining with a View
Cuisine: Rocky Mountain Fish and Game Cuisine
Some say the panoramic views of the Teton Range from the Mural Dining Room at Jackson Lake Lodge are the finest in any National Park. Others point to the magnificent murals painted by the late 20th century master Carl Roters as the heart of the Lodge. Either way, you are certain to have a dining experience not to be forgotten.
Key Competencies of Mural Room Waitstaff
- In depth knowledge of new and old world wine and professional bottle service
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary cuisine and preparation methods
- Guest Service - Proven track record of superior guest service in upscale dining
- Efficiency - Ability to maintain efficiency in a large dining room while executing steps of fine dining service
- Floor Presence - Unparalleled professionalism and ability to connect with guests while on the dining room floor
The Pioneer Grill
Atmosphere: 50's Style Diner - Newly renovated in 2017!!
Cuisine: Modern twists on traditional diner fare
Come join us at the original 50’s style counter-service diner in Jackson Lake Lodge for a hand-crafted malt and the best burgers in the valley. Our chefs create traditional diner dishes with punched-up flavors for the modern diner’s palette. Choose to dine-in or take food on-the-go. Breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Pioneer Grill will have you bobbin’ through the park singing Rockin’ Robin.
Key Competencies of Pioneer Grill Waitstaff
- Efficiency – Ability to serve many parties at once ***A top candidate at the Pioneer Grill will not be flustered when 20 guests sit down in their section simultaneously
- Guest Service – Enthusiasm to connect and engage with guests of all ages from all parts of the world every shift
- Floor Presence – An infectious, positive and fun demeanor
Pool Café and Barbeque
Atmosphere: Casual poolside operation by day, western-style barbeque by night
Cuisine: Lunch – Mexican cuisine and specialty cocktails, Dinner – western-style barbeque buffet
Key Competencies of Pool Waitstaff
- Knowledge – Knowledgeable of specialty cocktails and craft beers
- Guest Service – Enthusiasm to connect and engage with guests of all ages
- Floor Presence – Consistent professionalism and an infectious, positive and fun demeanor
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 302506