If you want to ski every day and care about your gear this is the job for you. Be part of a team that makes the skis and boards our guests ride the best in the business, did we mention ski breaks and lapping Highland Bowl? This is a job for someone that wants to learn the trade of a ski tuning, not just adjusting the DIN on skis. Learn more about our Rental and Retail jobs aspensnowmass.com/jobs/rentalretail
The Tune Technician is responsible for tuning and repairing skis and snowboards. This includes rental equipment and skis/snowboards held for guests overnight. Tune Technicians also assist in the transfer of equipment between Aspen Skiing Company locations.
Essential Job Functions
• Receive and sort incoming skis and snowboards according to established protocol
• Tune and repair skis and snowboards, finishing with the Wintersteiger tune machine for final stone structure and edge polishing, when necessary
• Inspect finished product and ensure it meets the quality standards established by the Tune Manager
• Properly organize finished product to ensure accurate and timely delivery
• Clean and maintain machines, benches and hand tools each night
• Perform closing procedures outlined by the Tune Manager and ready shop for morning crew
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
• Quality/Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Basic knowledge of ski and snowboard maintenance and tuning (edging, base repair, and hot waxing)
• Knowledge of ski and snowboard construction and epoxy preferred
• Certification in ski mounting, torque testing and DIN settings preferred
• Courses in Wintersteiger equipment use and maintenance preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl when maintaining tune equipment.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.