Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Summary of Job:
Hourly full time supervisor fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed. Extensive professional knowledge in all things fly fishing is paramount. Photography, writing, entomology, guiding experience and fly tying expertise.
- Extensive fishing knowledge in regards to fly tying, guiding, entomology, rods, reels, fly lines, travel gear, optics, waders, insect hatches, destination travel, booking guided trips
- Keyed employee, responsible for opening, closing, counting banks and sometimes working alone during slow times
- Assist in maintaining and administering fly fishing operational expectations by following policies and guidelines
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating a proficiency in freshwater and saltwater fly fishing, maintaining a professional standard of service
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Maintain all company paperwork and guided trip bookings to our standards
- Assist Store Manager with fly fishing classes, fly tying classes, periodic professional guiding, training of new employees, extensive fishing product knowledge and entomology is key
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees as well as the standards Taylor Creek upholds as an industry leader
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals. Receiving inventory properly with supervision
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new as well as previous fly fishing industry products and trends; demonstrate a deep knowledge of fishing products
- Communicate ideas and issues with Store Manager. Assist in writing of weekly articles and gathering content for fly shop social media
- Drive sales through direct communication with store employees to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of customer service and river knowledge, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance
- Model customer service for employees and promote sales whenever interacting with guests, many of them have been fishing with Taylor Creek for years
- Walk the floor regularly to restock, answer questions, etc
- Extensive knowledge of flies and new rod, reel and line technologies
- Ensure that all safety standards are being observed at all times, in the store and on the river
- Demonstrate and enforce company values and ethics
The budgeted range starts at 12.32-16.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 306230