Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Employees and dependents can ski anytime, including weekends, with no reservations required.
The Product Sales and Services (PSS) Ticket Scanning Lead is responsible for the overall guest service experience when dealing with both internal and external guests. The PSS Ticket Scanning Lead is a highly energetic, motivated leader with a strong focus on problem-solving and multi-tasking. Candidates must enjoy working outdoors in alpine weather conditions and demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally with guests and co-workers. Guest service, management, and product sales and services experience preferred. Leads will be working four 9 hour shifts with possibility for overtime during peak season.
Responsibilities include, (but are not limited to):
- Supervise daily operation of Ticket Scanning, responsible for scanning all media verifying that each guest and employee has a valid product to access the mountain.
- Solve any and all problems arising from pass issues and guest dissatisfaction.
- Revenue control for all ticket/pass products, verifying on-mountain access.
- Oversee activity of Ticket Scanning staff, manage schedules based upon business volume and guest service levels, and ensure employees adhere to company guidelines.
- Interact with guests in a friendly manner, including offering general resort information and providing excellent guest service.
- Protect against the fraudulent use of ticket and pass products.
- Expand understanding of product offerings and scope of services, throughout the resort, in order to efficiently answer questions and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot any issues with handheld scanning devices.
- Monitor and maintain facilities, equipment and accompanying signage.
- Create a positive and professional work environment and assist with other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent - required.
- Fluent in all aspects of English - required.
- Two (2) years guest service experience - required.
- Willing to work in all winter alpine weather conditions - required.
- Able to commit to entire season - required.
- Strong and professional communication and organization skills - required.
- Resume included with application - required.
- Two (2) professional references - required.
- One (1) year Product Sales and Services Department and Resort Point-of-Sale experience - preferred.
- One (1) year supervisory experience - preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability - preferred.
- In-person interview - preferred.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf in the summer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277407